Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Tuesday 11 th May 2021...further south!!


This link below is the video that Willie made of the hummingbirds that visited every morning on Lummi Island when I was there!!



https://photos.app.goo.gl/V8Lrc7zovn2WHQPT6. 


I left my accommodation this morning around 8.30 and drove about thirty minutes to these falls!!





I was the only vehicle in the parking lot and the falls are quite spectacular...







View looking down from the bridge..











Then I walked the 1.5 mile on switch backs to the top of the falls...





At the top...





 Can you spot Blaze?





Now?





OK how about now??





It was a great way to start a morning....








Then I was back on the Freeway for another five hour drive south, this will be my last on the highway as I shall head for the coastal road in a couple of days.


I pulled of at one point to stretch my legs and found this...





She looks good...







I had a motel booked in the small and quaint town of Ashland, Oregon, which is where my SMA friend Margie lives...


My motel is very nice and I picked up Margie and we went out for a lovely supper and then walked around the small and picturesque down town and the sun was still shining.....funnily enough Ashland is the twin town of Guanajuato in Mexico and 45 miles from SMA!


Another great day...stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...