Monday, May 24, 2021

Monday 24 th May 2021...beach day!!

The owners of the kids come back late tomorrow afternoon....so I will spend the night here tomorrow night.


So today was my last beach day until I don’t know when so I had a big hike planned.


This beach is only 5 km from the house and there were two ways to do the hike.


Option 1 was to pay twenty dollars and park in the State parking lot and calmly walk down to the beach.


2 Nd option was to park free on the street in a different neighbourhood and take the canyon cliff walk down to the beach that is described as hazardous.


being a Pearson boy I chose number two!!







It was fun getting down to the beach...










Worth it for the amazing views..the beach stretched for a very long way both ways...so I first walked to the right and to the end...












On the way back I decided it was my last chance for a swim so in I went...





Yes only to my knees it was so cold..I know I am a chicken!!!





Then walked all the way to the other end of the beach..







Saw the Para gliders the whole time....








Also this amazing mansion....








Then it was time for lunch and a lay down.....





Calm down ladies!!!!





It was a great day and not so bad on the step meter...





The dogs were happy to see me and I took them into the canyon down the street......a quiet night at home is planned!!

My good friend Mort starts my day every day with a joke and this one is a San Diego joke I am sharing!!


Blonde man story


A blonde man motorist was about two hours from San Diego when he was flagged down by a man whose truck had broken down……




The man walked up to the car and asked, "Are you going to San Diego?”




"Sure," answered the blonde guy, "do you need a lift?”




"Not for me. I'll be spending the next three hours fixing my truck. My problem is I've got two chimpanzees in the back that have to be taken to the San Diego Zoo. They're a bit stressed already so I don't want to keep them on the road all day. Could you possibly take them to the zoo for me? I'll give you $100 for your trouble.”




"I'd be happy to," said the man.




So the two chimpanzees were ushered into the back seat of the blonde's car and carefully strapped into their seat belts, and off they went.




Five hours later, the truck driver was driving through the heart of San Diego when suddenly he was horrified!  There was the guy walking down the street, holding hands with the two chimps, much to the amusement of a big crowd.




With a screech of brakes he pulled off the road and ran over to the guy.




"What are you doing here?" he demanded, "I gave you $100 to take these chimpanzees to the zoo!”




"Yes, I know you did," said the man "But we had money left over so now we're going to Sea World.


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...