Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday 29 th May 2021.....Mexico!!

It was a five hour drive first to the Arizona border then into

Then all the way across that State to the border of 


Everything was going well till the final turn off the highway onto the border crossing lanes and the exit was closed for construction......My GPS has been amazing the whole trip but I could not get it to get me to the border route and I knew I needed help......

I saw a small UPS van parked on a side street and I drove up to him.....I put on my sad pathetic look and asked the driver if he could help me with directions to get to the border crossing...he was really very nice and told me with the road works it was such a mess and very difficult to explain how to get there...then he said to me I have a few minutes just follow me.........

So it happened again random acts of kindness from total strangers.......I followed him for about five minutes to the highway  and then down some side street until the right turn off that I needed...we were on a busy road and he pointed out of his window where I was to go and he carried on......I would like to have stopped and thank him but it was impossible...but he led me right onto the correct ramp and I was right at the border.

Juárez has a very bad reputation but I have to say the crossing was about five minutes total...I received the green light and was not even stopped...there you have it I was back in Mexico......now I do have to obtain the permit for my car but I get that mañana 21 km out of town at an office that is open 24 hours.

So next I had to find my Airbnb and with the GPS within five minutes of crossing the border I arrived at the apartment...I called the owners and their son arrived within a few minutes and let me in and showed me around...it is a completely private casita very lovely and with a garage...










I had a relaxing rest of the day and evening watching a final European soccer game...

Bit of a long drive mañana but Blaze is good for it....

Feels good to be back in





Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!






2 comments:

Peter and Shelagh said...

What a nice place, even the garage is fancy. Safe travels. Shelagh

mexicokid said...

Thank you..it was nice ...take care les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...