Friday, May 07, 2021

Friday 7 th May 2021....the big reunion!!!

Well  I had a good sleep and messed around in the room sorting things until it was time to take the shuttle to the light rail station and then the train...





That took me into down town Seattle.....I have to tell you this was the best bang for my money I think I have ever had.


I went to the machine to buy my ticket which because I am a senior was one dollar......I inserted my credit card and when the machine spewed a ticket into the slot I picked it up and there was a quarter, so my fare only cost 75 cents......


the ride was thirty five minutes....what a price!!!


In Seattle I walked about two blocks in the rain to the Amtrak bus depot and took the next bus to Bellingham, which was a two hour ride and there my good friend Willie was waiting for me in his Porsche ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

it was good to re connect with Willie again and he drove me the twenty odd miles to the border town of Sumas ..where a few minutes later Blaze arrived!!








It was great to get behind the wheel again but I will need another lesson on all the controls and gadgets!!


I followed Willie to the ferry terminal..





Where we took the ferry to Lummi Island









 and finally to his house where Karen was there to greet me....





Their home is nothing less than stunning.....


What about the birds?





What about the sunset from their deck??











Karen  cooked a delicious meal so good to catch up on their news they still have their home in SMA but will put it on the market in Fall.




Finally me and Willie relaxing!!!





They have been so kind to me and I am so grateful!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Why can the truck driver cross the border but you cannot?

Rick

mexicokid said...

I guess he is classed as an essential worker...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...