Thursday, June 17, 2021

Thursday 17th June 2021....grateful!!!

Every day I count my blessings and a lot of those

are being privileged to be have been living in this great town and country for the last 12 years!!


Believe me I take nothing for granted and as I get older and find myself using the medical facilities a little more than I would have hoped for I am thankful I live here.


Yesterday on the scooter I knew I got something in my left eye and I tried to clean it myself but could not.......it was a little irritating last night and also during tennis this morning and I knew I had to go to a doctor and have it looked at.


Very close to the tennis courts is a  small walk doctors office...no receptionist just the young doctor in his small office.......he invited me right in and he spoke a little English and I was able to explain what had happened to my eye.


He donned his protective equipment and got to work examining my eye and he managed to lift up the lid and extract a small piece of what looked like plastic....all the time he kept saying sorry for the pain.....it was not that bad really!!!


The doctor was very professional and he prescribed me a prescription for some drops which I could obtain at the small pharmacy next door....





I have no idea how he manages to keep his business going as his charge was 45 pesos!!!!!


The medication next door was 79 pesos.....


My eye is now fine!!!


Took Frida out for a nice walk and then I met Lynn and we did our weekly shopping for the food hampers for the village.


After dinner I walked down six doors to my neighbour, Maricella, who gave me a great haircut and shave for 40 pesos!!!


I finished my show last night so going to look for another one...


Stay safe and healthy!!





Yashi Kochi!!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...