Monday, June 07, 2021

Monday 7th June 2021...decision day!!

I decided when I was away last month that I would return to my twice weekly work out with my trainer, Aaron, at the gym.

I contacted Aaron and my first session was this afternoon...I went early and paid for a month’s membership and noticed the new Covid protocols which included only twenty people allowed at one session in the gym.......they checked your temperature and gave you gel and had rules about cleaning down the equipment after use......all the trainers had to wear masks but not of the patrons had to wear a mask.

Aaron arrived and it was great to see him again after almost eighteen months.....and I had my first session......I noticed that all the other customers were just young men and women who because of their age would not have been vaccinated.

I thanked Aaron and told him I would see him on Wednesday..........but I will not!!!

I had to write him tonight and explain that I just did not feel comfortable in the gym...I have worked so hard all these months to stay healthy and even though I have both my shots I do not feel safe in such close quarters with those that don’t.

I told him I was sorry but I would not be coming back even though I love the work outs and I know they were good for me....

I have to go with my gut reactions and I think I made a good decision!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!


2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Smart move Les! Safety first. You can always take up yoga! 💪😁

mexicokid said...

Thanks.i thought I did the right thing..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...