Saturday, June 12, 2021

Saturday 12 th June 2021...what a reunion!!!

I think the majority oif my readers are aware of my involvement 13 years ago with two girls from the local Casa Hogar orphanage, Paola and Daniela…..we had a few years of fun and i took them to many places.
 
Sadly the contact ended when the Nuns changed at Casa Hogar and I lost contact with them both.
 
It was just a few weeks ago when i went to a concert in a local restaurant and at the inbtermission who sholiuld come and talk to me but Paola, she works in the kitchen of the restaurant…it was lov ely to see her and she introduced me to her Mum and younger who also worked there.
 
Tomorrow is her twentieth birthday and i stgopped by her place of work this afternoon with a small gift and she was hap;py to see me then she took me into the kiotchen and who should also be working there but Daniela……i was amazxed to see her and she was thrilled to see me, what a reunion!!!!!
 
This was taken December 2008 the first day i saw Paola...
 
 
A few days later i met Daniela..
 
 
 
We spent so much time together..
 
 
Such great kids and here they are this afternoon!!!
 
 
Made my day!!!
 
Stay safed and healthy!!
 
The first post on my new lap top!!!
 
Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Rick said...

I was reading your blog back when you volunteered at Casa Hogar. So nice to see these girls grown up and doing well. When the pandemic finally is in our past San Miguel should be busier than ever and these restaurants will thrive again.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Rick..it just brought joy to me heart to see them both again....best wishes les

Unknown said...

I can’t think of a nicer thing to happen.Hard to believe Paola is 20 such little cuties they were and now beautiful young women.
Did they learn more English?

mexicokid said...

Yes it was wonderful, sadly they did not co tinge with their English learning, but there is still time...best wishes les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...