Monday, March 23, 2020

(Temporary Backup) Monday 23 rd March 2020...DAY 38!!

I like this.....


Sorry if I lose of any of you, but I need to get this off my chest. Your gloves and masks you’re wearing to the grocery store? Not going to help you. In fact, likely to do more harm. Here’s why:
1. As soon as you touch anything with your gloves they’re contaminated. Seriously. Grocery cart? That’s on your gloves. Touch your gloves to a can of soup? Transfer of germs. Wear those gloves into the car? Now on your steering wheel. I wear them at work for one task and remove. Then wash. Put on a new pair. I go through dozens in a shift. Just wash wash wash. Over and over. 
2. That mask, it’s not helping you. It’s no more effective than staying 6feet away from someone. If you stay home, you don’t need it. You know who needs it? Me. I can’t start IVs, do cpr, suction airways and give meds from 6feet away. I NEED THE MASK. You should also know that after wearing a paper mask for roughly half an hour, the moisture from your breathing makes it penetrable. It’s no longer effective for you anyway. But it works for me to provide care to a single patient and remove it. If 5 of you didn’t use masks, I’d be protected for care of 5 patients. 
3. Just stay home. I swear to you if I could I would. Open your windows. Clean out the fridge. Watch some Netflix. It’s a staycation. Just do it. So many people praising healthcare workers for going in and doing our jobs. It’s nice, but the best thank you we can get is to commit to stopping the spread. You might say when this is all over, it wasn’t as bad as we said it would be. That’s because what we advised worked. And if you want to complain about it being overkill, go for it. I’ll happily keep my mouth shut while you shame us for inconveniencing you. 
4. Be kind. Please and thank you.

With love, Nurse Nancy


I decided to take Boomer on a morning walk today before the rain comes this afternoon..


It was a bout a 30 minute drive to..




And then nice forested trails down to the ocean








The trail continued along the ocean to here...





Then entered another park






You cannot tell but the current is very swift..








Saw these on the way back and I have to believe they have been made by humans..but they look great!










Boomer always enjoys the outings and he is so well behaved not bothered when kids or dogs come along!!


So it has been 8 days of self isolating for me and again I say how lucky I am to be here.....we will see what a change in weather does to people...


In SMA right now they have the purple Jacaranda trees..


In Heather and Kirby’s front yard it is these..


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...