Monday, March 02, 2020

Monday 2 Nd March 2020..Day 20!!!

Before I get into my lovely day I want to finish the 

saga about West Jet cancelling my airline ticket for the flight from Paris to Halifax in June......you may have read about it on previous posts I made but the long story short is that because I did not book direct with West Jet but with Cheapo Air they were telling me they were not accountable...this just did not sit right with me so I wrote the following letter to their guest service department..


Good morning I just want to write and tell about my 

experience and hope that someone from your company will read this email and respond to me.


I have booked flights all on West Jet starting the 28th April 2020 flying from Nanaimo to Gatwick London....on this flight I paid the extra fee for the aisle seat in the exit row. Airline confirmation number is UKENTD


I then booked the flight from Paris to Halifax on the 3rd June with a stop over in Halifax and then on the 6 th June continuing on to Nanaimo.


I want to say at this point that I booked these flights with Cheapo Air as the same flight booking with your company was 125 dollars more expensive for each flight and I am a senior citizen living on a small fixed income.


I received notification from Cheapo Air that your company had cancelled my flight from Paris to Halifax on the 3 rd June....they offered alternative flights but they would not work for me so they cancelled the whole booking and told me that West Jet would refund my money with in sixty days, which to date I have not received.


I then booked a flight from Paris to Gatwick and with an overnight hotel stay and then re booked my flight from Gatwick to Halifax with a stop over leaving Gatwick on 4 th June my airline confirmation for this flight is LAJPRC.


Again I booked this flight with the same company as again it was nearly 140 dollars cheaper that what your company was offering.


I understand that booking with another company does not entitle me to anything from your company but in light of the fact that West jet cancelled my flight..the inconvenience of my doing extra bookings, an over night hotel, having to wait sixty days for my refund perhaps someone in your company might have some compassion and say this man has gone through a bit of a time let’s do something for him and help promote customer relations and satisfaction.


I am not asking for any money what I would like to see happen is that you might be able to offer me an up grade or even an aisle seat in an exit row on the long transatlantic flight from London to Halifax on the 4 th June.


Thank you for your time..I await your reply.  Les Pearson


Five days later I received the following..



Hello Les,

 

RE: UKENTD 

 

Thank you for contacting WestJet.

 

We are very sorry for any disappointment this schedule change may have caused. We realize the impact schedule changes have on our valued guests and we work diligently at minimizing these alterations. Our tariffs, in line with tariffs of all major air carriers, do permit us to change or cancel any of our planned schedules, routes or aircraft without notice. This being said, we understand how upsetting it can be. This is the reason why we notify our guests via email or phone as soon as possible, to ensure our guests can make alternate arrangements if the new flight times will not work for them. In the event a suitable option cannot be found, guests are entitled to receive a full refund back to their original form of payment allowing them to re-purpose those funds to book with an alternate carrier. 

 

Schedule changes can happen for a variety of reasons outside of the carrier’s control such as adjustment to air traffic routes, construction at the airport facilities, blockages or security constraints. 

 

Upon review of your reservation, we can see that you purchased ticket from the third party travel agency. We would recommend you to contact your travel agency for cancellation or exchange ticket options.

 

We sincerely apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused you, however there is no schedule changes in reservation LAJPRC, we respectfully deny your request for seat assignment.


Needless to say I was less than thrilled with this reply and I felt I was not being heard which was important to me.


So I got on the phone to them this morning..I was on hold for over 45 minutes 

But eventually spoke to a representative in the customer relations department...


I politely asked for five minutes of his time and told him the whole story and his first response was well if I had received your letter I would have done things differently.


He explained how the cancellation policy works but thought that for my troubles and the fact I was being polite and not ranting he would see what he could do for me and asked for me to be patient for a few more minutes.


Dave came back on the line and told me that he was in fact going to offer me a window exit extra leg room seat for the flight from London to Halifax and he also told me that the flight from Halifax to Calgary is also a long flight and he was also going to give me the same wi Dow exit extra leg room on this flight also.


This really made me smile as I was expecting nothing so I thanked him so much for his time and the upgrade which is about 170 dollars in value and now I have lots of room an all my flights....it also renewed my faith in this company and all is well and it pays to make a little noise!!


Spent the morning taking the boys out and doing more planning and then around noon I went a few minutes to a local volunteer hospital for sea lions..




They also give lectures to local students..







I had a private tour which was very informative....they receive hurt and sick sea lions get them back to health and then release them...a great project.


Another seven mile cliff walk followed with spectacular views...







Never seen one of these signs before...






















Back in the parking lot I saw a guy and I kid you not...taking his turtle for a walk!!!!








Boys are fed, me too....now time for the tub!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Nice to see you get some results from WestJet. It sure takes time and patience...

mexicokid said...

I was expecting nothing so to get two upgrades is fabulous makes thise long flights more bearable..cheers. Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...