Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday 15th March 2020...Day 32!!

Every Briton over the age of 70 will be told "within the coming weeks" to stay at home for an extended period to protect themselves from coronavirus.

When it happens, they will be asked to stay home for "a very long time", Health Secretary Matt Hancock said.

The government is to release social distancing advice for elderly people on Monday - but they will not yet be asked to self-isolate for long periods.

Fourteen more people have died from the virus, bringing deaths in the UK to 35.

Mr Hancock told the BBC that manufacturers were being asked to help produce medical equipment, such as ventilators, to help with an expected surge in demand by the NHS.

He also said hotels could be converted into makeshift hospitals, while the government has begun negotiating with private healthcare providers to obtain thousands of extra beds in private hospitals.


This is one report I read today and also I hear of borders may be starting to close down...so I am pretty sure I must cancel my Europe trip to see my family and go to the French Open .


I think the next step will be for me to sort out my medical, investments and banking issues that I need to do, buy my new car and start the drive back to my home in SMA presuming that the borders of Canada, USA and Mexico will be open.


Such a sad and tragic estate of affairs all over the world.


This morning I lounged about in the hotel and then when it was tome for check out I had time to drive to a lovely waterfall.







I had a reservation for the ferry and it left on time at 2.pm








The last time I took this ferry was when I was driving Ramona, my motor home and I made the mistake of saying yes I have a couple of bottle of tequila on board...what followed was totally shameful but my fault entirely...long story short, they allowed me to keep the booze, they completely turned the inside of the motor home upside down and were one sentence away from accusing me of being a child predator....enough about that.

Coming into the harbour in Victoria!!








This crossing was easy I had two bottles of wine for Heather and Kirby and had them on the front seat and declared them....passed right through.


It was a two hour drive to Nanaimo and I stopped here, always do the waterfall is like 200 feet off the highway so many people don’t even know about it.







I arrived safely





 with my second family around 6 pm


I have know Heather and Kirby and their three boys for nearly twenty years, initially I used to provide respite care for Kirby’s Dad, Ken.


Ken and I did many things together and he was a lovely gentleman..this cemented our friendship and we have always remained close and I always call it my second home.


I have been thrilled to see Ben, Alex and Zach graduated high school and then college and watch them as they go about their three separate and totally different careers and proud to say they are vibrant and special young men each contributing to society!!

My room..outside that window is a great garden and then the ocean!!





Also Boomer is in charge of the house hold and we shall have many long walks in the next couple of weeks.





Kirby and  Heather had prepared a great prime rib dinner and Ben and his fiancĂ©e Mia and also Zach were here....it feels good to be back and into the family routine.


Not sure what lies in store but I shall be watching the news like everyone else.


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...