Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Wednesday 8th August 2018....high in the sky!!!

Today was a good day starting out with meeting my friend Chris for coffee..he and I have been friends for over 20 years and we met when he and his wife Pat walked into the restaurant I was working at and they became regular customers and we became friends.....Chris is also a retired police officer he served his time in Toronto!!


This afternoon I went to the Nanaimo disability centre where they have people that will help you on your computers and iPad and I needed to update my Tomtom system and one of the resource staff there helped for nearly two hours it was a complicated process I don’t know why but it is....I remember I had a lot of issues trying to do it in a cyber cafe in Portugal ....anyway it is still not installed....mmmmm.....more thinking needed!!


At 5.30pm we went down town to the harbour for this show!!


Canadian Forces Snowbirds


431-sqn-esc-300.jpg






The Canadian Forces (CF) Snowbirds, 431 Air Demonstration Squadron are a Canadian icon comprised of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members and National Defence Public Service employees.

Pilots, technicians (aviation, avionics, aircraft structure, supply), mobile support operators, resource management support clerks, an engineering officer, a logistics officer and a public affairs officer representing all three elements (Army, Navy and Air Force), work as a team to bring thrilling performances to the Canadian public. Serving as ambassadors of the CAF, the CF Snowbirds demonstrate the high level of skill, professionalism, teamwork, discipline and dedication inherent in the men and women of the CAF and they inspire the pursuit of excellence wherever they go in North America.

























The photos tell it all just simply amazing!!


I will not forget seeing those planes fly by so low so fast and the screams of the people around me!


Yashi Kochi!!


2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I love the Snowbirds! The planes are quite old but they fly them beautifully.

mexicokid said...

It was a really great show. Lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...