Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Tuesday 21st August 2018....a city tour!!!!

A very comfortable room made for a great sleep.....yogurt and fruit for breakfast and out of the door by 9 am armed with lots of cold drinks as temperatures are expected to be around 93 degrees 😎😎😎😎😎


I need to back track a little here.....for a few years now a couple Dee and Beach have been following my blog and leaving many informative comments..when they found out I was in their neck of the woods they contacted me and we are meeting for breakfast tomorrow.


Dee gave me some very useful tips for visiting Charleston and most of the things I did today were because of her....thanks!!!


So I found a place to park close to the Visitor service centre where I paid two dollars to watch a wonderful informative movie about the history of this city...it has been decimated by just about everything through it’s history but survived to be the gorgeous vibrant city it is today!



I was the only one in the room...


After the movie I took the free hop on hop off bus and did the entire 45 minute loop and then stayed on getting off at the waterfront!!





From there I walked about five miles so come along but bring water!!








The houses are so quaint and well maintained...











The walk along the battery walls...


















Got to love a city with tennis courts





And a water park






This is the oldest staged theatre in the πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 



They are getting ready for Mamma Mia!!







And then this alley where many duelling contests took place...









Charleston is  known as the Holy City because of all the churches.....and to prove it...

















I did go into a few of the churches mainly to get cooled off....it was really hot...but the interior of the churches were very lovely!!



An old library..


I really like this..


More history..


















I finished up back at the car park and set the GPS for the πŸ– beach!!





The pier is quite a landmark and I cannot remember the last time I swam in the Atlantic!!!











A nice way to cool off after the heat of the day....


My tour finished here





Again on Dee’s recommendation....and the turkey burger, I know I should be eating oysters, was great!!


Back home it was straight in to the tub and a long soak!!!


I have enjoyed my stay here and tomorrow continue going North!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

3 comments:

Sue and Brian said...

We love Charleston - we seem to find something new every time we go there. Great city! Are you headed back to San Miguel at some point? It's in our plans for the winter. Enjoy your continued journey-

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A beautiful city, I love old mansions and churches.

Dee Tillotson said...

You really did a great job on the photos! In fact, you made the pineapple fountain look bigger than I think it really is. The shady alley you walked down is a place I don't think I have been--will have to look for it. Just think, you took a picture of one of the cannons in White Point Gardens on the Battery which started the American Civil War when those cannons fired on the Union Forces in Fort Sumter in 1861.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...