Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday 24th August 2018....a rarity for me and work for you to do!!!

On the  road fairly early this morning and in the village visited this site first where your work begins..to Google the ship and read about the sinking!!!









I have never seen and have no idea why people would leave money on the crosses!!!






The drive up island was easy and I stopped once to check out the beach..it goes on forever but very windy..









It was not long before I was at the ferry terminal for the free ferry to Cape Hatteras....




It was quite tricky getting into the harbour with all the sand banks around..









The first stop was here






Again you must google and find out all the information about this second highest stone lighthouse in the world...and yes I do know where the highest one is located!!



I climbed the 257 steps to the top and the view was awesome...













Can you spot Little Bluey??






I will help with my zoom!!!






Another bridge and the new one coming,,,,



A lot of the drive was right by the ocean and the dunes...


Ok do you know what changed the world forever and lasted 12 seconds???


Is this a clue???


Google them....this was such a great visit and I learned so much!!!



























OK your final work assignment Google this bridge/tunnel....the toll was 15 dollars and it was a thrill ride!!

















So now in Virginia and I did not know where I would be today so no Airbnb so for the first time in a long time I am in a hotel in a small town called Exmore...the room is fine with everything I need......








Need to plan my route for the next few days....


Quite a day!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

"have no idea why people would leave money on the crosses." It's a symbol among military soldiers and sailors, particularly sailors. A coin left on a headstone or at the grave site is meant as a message to the deceased soldier's or sailor's family that another military member has visited the grave to pay their respects.

The stones left on the grave site are a Jewish custom. It indicates that they have visited the grave to pay their respects to the deceased.

Boy, you covered some territory today. Hope you get a good night's sleep after all the activities, sun, and wind. Just don't know where the tallest stone lighthouse is located; will have to research that information.

mexicokid said...

I sort of knew you would know why thanks......a hint the highest is in Poland.....sent you an e mail with my change of plans...have a great weekend les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...