Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday 26th August 2018.....a day in the Amish country!!!

It was a really good call to spend a few nights here had a wonderful sleep and started my day with breakfast here....





Took my time and then did what my Grand Parents used to do and go without a plan on a Sunday drive.......the roads around the countryside are narrow and the scenery is amazing so green and so many spectacular homes...






Love the horses.....






Do you think Little Bluey took a wrong turn?????






Found this State park






And parked up and happy that all State parks are free and surprised there were only two other cars in the parking lot.


Took a trail of about four miles and some sights along the way...















Back on the road and saw these young guys...I stopped and chatted and asked if it was OK to take their photo..they were very polite brothers and wished me a good day!!






Another couple out for a Sunday drive....






I then stopped here...





You can see the track down is too much for LB






 so parked at the top and walked down..there really was not too much to see and I guess it is the wrong time of the year for the wildflowers.....












I was enjoying the drive and thinking to myself that with all these fields and woodlands I have not seen any animals....


Well no sooner had I said that when I was driving past here...






And my eagle eye spotted something....I got lucky with this zoom shot!!!






So about seven hours later finished my day with a dip in the pool and petting Tucker, the owner’s dog!!









Tomorrow I am going on a long tour of one of the Amish communities!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...