Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday 17th August 2018....Part two!!!!

Part two...



So here is my new friend his name is Jay but I have nicknamed him Blue...Get it??????????









The view from here is incredible I wished my camera does a panoramic shot....I can hear the raging river down below and a great lunch spot..



















Never thought I would still see snow!!






I took a different route back and it was more through the forest and very calming and beautiful.....





Another one of the lakes....






And finally the view of the lodge and the where the car is parked....






The drive home was easy I brought my iPad and listened to my music....


Heather wanted to cook me dinner for my last night.....she works so hard all week and must be exhausted......Kirby is away on the mainland he called to work at the huge fire up by Burns Lake......Alex has gone camping for the weekend and Zach is working.....the dinner was wonderful..thanks!!!


I reckon I hiked about 25 km and this hike rates high on the list of the wonderful hikes I have done all over the world...I am blessed that my body allows me to do this...


Gracie had a nasty scare today she wrote and told me she was driving her car with the dogs and on a minor highway on a beautiful day and a section of the road where they had recently re paved the road....she had her window open and a truck drove by in the opposite direction and a small chip flew through her open window and hit her in the middle of her forehead....she was not cut but very shook up....she drove home and she is OK not even a bruise or a mark but how fortunate it did not hit her eye....you just never know!!!


So tomorrow is travel day..stay tuned!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures Les! With Shelagh's dodgy knees and my dodgy hips we can't do a hike that long. The scenery is amazing.

mexicokid said...

But you can go there and go to the first lake all flat boardwalks cheers lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...