Saturday, August 11, 2018

Saturday 11th August 2018...Road trip day one!!

Well for the first time since I left Mexico in the early part of April I saw rain!!!!

Did not effect my start to my road trip...Heather dropped me down town this morning where I picked up Inga’s car which she has kindly loaned me for the week whilst she is in Iceland..say hello to Big Blackie!

I was heading down South Island to Sooke..


But first I stopped just south of Duncan at

It was a short hike to the trestle enjoy the scenery!!






Really is a rare feat of engineering!!

I then continued my drive to my Airbnb casita for the next three days!!!


It is small but wonderfully appointed!!





My hostess Wendy it’s new to the world of Airbnb but she has it down this is a great place on a farm..




I got settled in had a cupcake and relaxed before I went in towards Victoria to see this show..


It was a different show for sure and was introduced by the First Nations group!!


And the location

There was a good crowd and the show was well performed and different...






Stopped and bought some groceries on the way home!!

Boomer update....he had an operation to remove his cyst on his tail and he goes back to the vet on Monday to see how it has healed before the Vet takes the next step depending how he is....let’s hope he keeps his tail!!

Good news Zach won the Nanaimo amateur golf championship ..well done!!!










































No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...