Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday 12 th August 2018...Road trip day two!!!

Today was the big hike day....I slept really well and after a light breakfast was on the road to East Sooke regional park for my coastal hike...






The skies were overcast and not too hot which is good for hiking...


The trail followed the ocean  and the arbutus trees are really πŸ‘ nice..

















What makes this trail so hard is the fact there are many ups and downs over uneven rocks and I found I could not get into a rhythm and it was hard on the knees..some of the trail..















Many fishing boats looking for the elusive salmon...






This was my lunch stop...quite serene..











My original plan was to do the whole coastal route but it old mean I was about 20 km away from the car as it is not a circular hike and then hitch hike back to the car but I realized this really was not feasible.....


So after I reached cabin point I turned inland on the internal route and back to my starting point at Alyard farm..






.....it was a great workout I reckon I hiked at least a hard 12 km....


Stopped in the local grocery store deli and they had a pot of pea and ham soup and I brought a container home for dinner...


So a quiet evening watching a movie on Netflix......


Stay tuned for tomorrow’s treat to myself!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Wow! Serious climbing. Too many trip hazards for us. Lovely views though.

mexicokid said...

Yes it was a toughie..but worth it especially with my treat cominG up today!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...