Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday 20th August 2018......a new State!!

Had a really good long sleep and Ellen and JJ made me a delicious breakfast......I have an Airbnb booked tonight for two nights in Folly Beach Charleston and staying two nights.


Jay directed me to a tire shop as I wanted to check the pressure as Little Bluey had been sat a while plus the extra weight in the back..so said goodbye with many thanks and drove to the tire shop before I hit the interstate and a good job too!!!!


The mechanic found a small nail in the side wall of the front off side tire!!  With this location a fix is not possible so I ordered a new tire the good news is they had one in stock the bad news is that they were very busy and Told me I may have to wait till this afternoon to have the work done.....


Not a biggie I just realized how complicated and maybe scary it might have been if I had taken the interstate before I checked so hanging around is not a problem.


I did some walking in the area walked down every aisle of the Target store and eventually went back to the tire store expecting the car to be still in the parking lot. But no it was in the bay all done but the mechanic advised me to get a new battery..I have had the car over  six years now so it is time so they installed a new battery and I was on the road only three hours later than planned!!!


I did stop once on route at a McDonalds and had one of those feel good moments...



As I was approaching the entrance there was an African American young woman going into the same door...she was about 20 years old very pretty with these dread lock type curly hair down to her waist and she was on her cell phone.....we almost approached the door at the same time and she opened the door for me and motioned for me to go in....I said thank you and then there was an interior door so I opened that for her and as she passed by she said into the phone..”bye Momma I love you!!” In this lilting lovely southern accent....I smiled at her and said always say that and she smiled back and mouthed thanks!!!


I intended to take some of the back roads but now wanted to get there as soon as I could so took the interstate.....almost five hours later I was at the Airbnb and it is a lovely room in a gorgeous house in a fabulous location....





my hostess very kind and has given me some tips for day in the city tomorrow...






According to the Conde Nast  travel magazine Charleston beat out San Miguel for the number one city to live this year!!


So a bit of an adventure that turned out well!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Les! Thank you for the nice compliment, so nice to have had you in my home!
Tivoli

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...