Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tuesday 27th October 2020....a special birthday!!,

Today is my Dad’s birthday he would have been 101 today......this is one of the last photos of him with his great Grand son Tom!!  Miss you Dad!!!




After yesterday’s post Linda sent me this photo of her and Guy taken a few years ago......great shot!!!





This morning I went up to what is normally the huge Tuesday market...this is where local and vendors from outside town come to sell and it is usually packed but because of Covid so few stalls...







Strict protocol to enter..





I found Fabiola at her stall..





This is the lady who for the last four years has sold us the gifts for the girls, a small purse filled with  such good things.....


It was good to see her, I ordered 300 purses and gave her a deposit and will pick them up just before Christmas ...


I then met up with an American woman that has sort of taken on a small community out in the campo and I promised her that the Three Kings would come to her village this year..


I went out to meet some of the kids...





Note no shoes and a little puppy...


there are about 55 kids in the village and it work out well for delivery....


So this is the kind of village and kids your donations to the Go fund me account will go...Thank you!!!



https://www.gofundme.com/f/three-kings-toy-drive?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1



Came home and took the dogs for a walk this time I took them to the ball field but I think they prefer the other walk!


At 6 pm Marta come over for her English lesson..she really is very good and we basically sit and talk and I challenge her with questions.


Then I went to my friends, Karen and Gregg’s CASA for dinner...they have been friends for years and their casita is one place I have lived....they ordered country fried chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes from a local restaurant, yes typical Mexican food!!!


It was great and nice to sit and talk and catch up on all our summer activities!!


Heather sent me this photo of Boomer..I left some money for him to get a haircut and he sure looks cute!!





Stay safe and healthy!!!,


Yashi Kochi!!


4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, so impressed with how well you are getting around with your bum knee!

I know Fabiola loves to see you coming--Ha! Ha! The "Go Fund Me" worked fine; it's only the second time I've used such an account. There was a parenthesis near where you insert the credit card number; wasn't quite sure what to put there; maybe it was for an abbreviation for the credit card name; if you have a problem, let me know.

Great pictures today; Boomer looks like he is on the same sofa waiting for you.

Haven't been in a very good mood lately (just ask Beach); will be glad when the election is over; went bonkers on Croft's blog--need to write him a note to apologize--just bad manners. Be safe. Dee

mexicokid said...

Thanks Dee I will email you as the donation did not come through...Beach knows you well...take care les

Croft said...

No need to apologize Dee, you made some great points. I love to see your comments, never hold back!

mexicokid said...

So true..lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...