Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thursday 15th October 2020..hope it is just a mini set back!!

I was enjoying the company and being on the courts this morning when I felt my right knee go out on me..I was not making any sudden move.but I certainly felt the pain....it was a strange occurrence..I did continue to play for a while until decided best to stop.

Came home and immediately iced it down and elevated my leg....

It did not get any easier and to be honest it is swollen to at least three times normal......walking is not good and getting up and down the steps at Gracies house is a lesson in humility!!

I contacted a nurse practitioner friend of mind and Joey sent me the name of a doctor to call, which I did.....I was impressed when the doctor answered his own phone, spoke perfect English.....he advised me to continue what I was doing and to take a couple of pain pills and he wants to see me tomorrow morning at 9.30 am..how about that for service???

I am sorry the dogs are not getting a walk in this evening......

I am so lucky in all these years of playing different sports at a hard  and high level my injuries have been very minor ..

Will keep you informed!!

Stay safe and healthy!!!

Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, Have you ever injured that particular knee before, even if it happened when you were a lot younger? Because you continued to play a little after the injury occurred, you probably have not broken anything. But you may have a cartilage problem and will need an MRI to be sure. The swelling will probably have to recede before the MRI can be done. I'm telling you all this because the same thing happened to me. My first injury to my right knee was when I was 18 and played forward on my high school basketball team. Back then, no one had heard of MRIs or orthoscopy. So over time, all that could be done was cortisone shots. Finally, I had the orthoscopy done, and the cartilage is in good shape. Try not to bend your knee too much in case some ragged cartilage is caught somewhere in the joint. Thank goodness for your new (to you) Lazy Boy chair. The foot rest with a couple of pillows and your leg positioned high on the pillows will help reduce the swelling. A couple of crutches to get around will help too. Beach and I are thinking of you and know your pain; but you will be back on the courts in no time; just being patient is the hard part.

mexicokid said...

No this is my first injury of this kind and hoping surgery will not be needed..will let you know..thank you take care les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Sorry to hear this, best to keep off it and give it time to calm down and heal. Knees are strange joints… Ask Shelagh!

mexicokid said...

Thanks I had the knee drained this morning Nd n cry and MRI th8s afternoon and I am being a very good patient..cheers Nd thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...