Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday 25 th October 2020.......mini road trip!!!

Today I did what Grandma and Grandad Pearson used

to do most Sunday’s after coming from church......

Go for a drive in the country...


So had the dogs ready and in the car and off we went here..




If there's time, consider making the trip out to Pozos, founded in the 16th century and now a semi-ghost town about an hour away from San Miguel. During the heyday of Mexican silver, Pozos was the place where miners would bring their ore to be melted down for shipping back to Europe. There are about 500 mines in the immediate area, many still open to the elements (and tourists). It was one of the first places in Mexico to have electricity as well as a training hospital. Those days are gone, however. The ovens are silent and the 18th century mansions and haciendas around town are in ruins, making for great photo shoots. Artists from San Miguel tried to establish a beachhead here years ago, setting up galleries and workshops. Some galleries remain and there are new boutique hotels, but the town survives off the music festivals that come here throughout the year. 





It was a beautiful sunny day and we wondered around some ruins, they loved being off leash...




















Then trying to navigate the small streets....





We then went to small cooperative  lavender farm....















It was a good afternoon and the dogs were really good..


passed this butcher shop back in SMA..I wonder why the dogs are sleeping there???





Nice to see the police on patrol!!





My knee feels good, the brace sure helps...


Time for my tea as I have to fast as I am having some tests in the morning...


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Croft said...

I love these old ghost towns and we have visited several over our many winters in Mexico. I am happy to hear the brace allows you to get around until the surgery.

mexicokid said...

It was only a few weeks ago we talked about you and Morma bought here in this town...yes I think the brace is helping...congratulations and the NDP win..cheers les

Croft said...

I didn't realize that is the same town but now that I look at the photos again, I can see it.

mexicokid said...

A group of us went there I think also Chris and Juan were there...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...