Thursday, October 08, 2020

Thursday 8th October 2020...medical time out!!

Bit of a different day today and let me put this to rest


the rest of the month the forecast is sunny and warm all day🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵


I had my annual check up appointment with my Doctor.....Dr. Marco has been my doctor for several years and I like him, trust him and he speaks English!,


He did all the usual tests including an ECG or is that EKG, anyway he did it.


Told me I look really good, next week I have to go to have the blood work done and he also wants me to go see the cardiologist I saw two years ago and my appointment booked  for 20 th October.


Dr.Marco also talked to me about mask wearing and which brand to buy, he was very thorough!


The cost for all of this was 1000 pesos, figure that out in your own currency!!!


I then walked to my casita and spent a couple of hours there doing this and that before going to have a social distance outside garden visit with my lovely friend Jen, who owns the casita where I used to live!!


We had a great chat and Jen is fluent and was able to set up the cardiologist appointment for me.


My long time readers know my involvement  in the Three Kings gift giving that I have spear headed for several years.....we buy a handmade soccer ball for each boy we visit and have been doing this a while.....there is a small village about 45 minutes away where the villagers make the balls, they are really good quality balls, a fabulous price and I am helping a community...Last year I purchased 500 balls.


I always have to pay for the balls ahead of time so they can go out and buy the material....and the dead line for doing that is very close....so Jen called Moses, the headman and we agreed that I would go tomorrow and put the money into his account and they can start making the balls.


I will do this with my own money and later in the month start a Go fund me account and advertise for donations.


Then I can start working out which community we will visit.


As Covid will restrict the way we distribute the gifts this year Jen had simply a brilliant idea.....we dress up three people as Kings as we always do but instead of sitting down and each child coming up to get the gift and a hug..we put the kings in the back of a big pick up truck.....get the kids to line up and slowly drive down the street throwing a ball to each boy...I love this....


Do not fear we will do the same thing with the lovely purses we get for the girls!!


Came home and took the kids to the ball field for their romp around, they had fun!!


Another good exercise day...




On my way walking I passed the Nissan dealership and saw Blaze’s cousin...





This is my lovely SIL being a good girl in England..well done Janet!!





The dogs are so different....

Einstein sunbathing...





Scout chewing a bone in bed...





Negrita.....”hey what time is dinner?”








Time for a bath!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!!

4 comments:

Croft said...

Be sure to let me know when you start collecting Christmas money Les (email). I am sorry I did not think of it when you were here. I am happy you checked out well but I suggest you doctor have his eyes checked if he said you "look good"! LOL!

mexicokid said...

First you are a kind man wanting to give money for the kids fund....then t you turn into a humbug..did I look that bad when I stayed with you?? Cheers les

Croft said...

You have your appeal my friend!:)

mexicokid said...

Oh Croft you say all the right things🤪🤪🤪🤪

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...