Friday, May 01, 2020

Friday 1st May 2020....Day 75!!

Wow that month went by quickly, Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits!!!





Poor Boomer!!!


he started to lick himself on his inner leg last night and continued through the night I guess anyway he has a really nasty rash on his belly and Heather decided to take him to the vet....


Where he was given some medication, advised to wear shorts and this collar!!





Hope he gets well soon so he can come hiking with me again!!


I did a biggie today hiked to the summit of Mount Benson which is 3440 feet!!





The summit is covered in cloud on the drive to the parking lot....





As soon as you get on the trail it is upwards and onwards till you get to the top...




Some views from the lower level...










It was tough going and it took me almost two hours to get to the top where the views are really good over the back of the mountain...





And then down to the ocean.....







I had lunch on top and shared with these guys.....



Still snow around






It also took me almost two hours to come down I am not sure which was harder up or down!!!


Glad to get home and get cleaned up and eat and just relaxing for tonight....


I am more than a tad tired and I realize that I should not be doing any more of these kinds of hikes just too hard on my body!!!


Poor Boomer!!






Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Going downhill is harder for me too, makes my legs wobbly. Boomer looks sad…

mexicokid said...

Funny on the way up I thought it is much easier coming down......on the wY down I thought it has to be easier going up🌈🌈🌈
Yes Boomer is not a happy boy.....two years ago he had a collar on the whole time I was here...that time he almost bit his tail off....stay safe les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...