Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wednesday 24th July 2019.....back where they say “eh” 🇨🇦

My day started with a cuppa tea in bed and catching up on news on my iPad..then a walk around the property and a quick swim.....a light breakfast....saying goodbye to Linda....taking Little Bluey to his resting place for the next month.....Randy giving me a ride to the airport and then it was 11am....


I have never seen an airport so quiet......nobody around..one airline employee at the check in no other passengers in sight.....

I was able to get a window exit row on the first flight to San Francisco and also the same seat on the flight later on to Vancouver...


No problem at security and then off to the gate...me and my back pack...





A few more passengers did arrive and the flight was easy and smooth..









Obviously the airport in San Fran was much busier but I had time to get to my gate and this flight was full..


Got some nice shots out the window..I don’t think that is the famous bridge!!!



Then I found a live tennis game on the individual screen tv...nice...

Nice views of the San Juan islands..

Then Vancouver..











I arrived in Vancouver on time at 6.30pm and the plan was to retrieve my suitcase...get on the sky train to downtown and then take the express bus to the Horse bay ferry terminal for the ferry ride to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.....the ferry was due to leave at 8.30pm and I knew it would be a stretch if I caught it ...


Well this is the 8.30pm ferry leaving...sadly I was not on it!!!!!





The last ferry is at 10.40pm...so I am at the terminal restaurant enjoying cod and chips and sweet potato fries and OJ........


The ferry ride is 90 minutes and I know that Heather will be there waiting for me...a long night for her.......


Feels good to be back in Canada 🇨🇦 for a few weeks!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Welcome to our rock! Enjoy the sunshine.

mexicokid said...

Thanks..good to be here..les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...