Monday, July 22, 2019

Sunday 21 st July 2019.....day one!!

No internet last night...

Even though I say so myself I am pretty good at this packing and getting ready for road trips.....and I was driving out of town at 6 am this gloomy morning.....





Once I hit the toll roads the scenery was mainly like this....









Sadly I was minutes behind one of the most horrific accidents I have ever witnessed.....the only explanation I can think of on this very straight stretch of road was someone falling asleep at the wheel or a drunk driver ....it was awful!!!!


I know some of my readers think I am nuts driving ten hours but I really enjoy the freedom and peace of the open road....I have my music..lots of food and drinks and Little Bluey although a 2010 model has some modifications that make it a joy to drive......for instance she does not have the normal AC unit most cars have.....she has what is called the Texas 4 x 60 unit!!!!


First of all I have a neck towel that was hand made for me by my lovely tennis partner, Carolyn, she is from Texas, hence the Texas part of the above.....you are able to put ice into the sleeves and then it fastens around the neck by Velcro....very cool......


So I have that and the the 4 x 60 part is I open the four windows and drive at 60 m.p.h🤪🤪🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩


Little Bluey does not have the conventional cruise control either....


My great handyman friend, Larry, made this fantastic little gadget years ago...I will not tell you how it works as I shall gain the wrath of Heather and Linda, but suffice it to say I am able to spell off my foot from the accelerator for a few minutes when needed!!


So the drive was good after about 1pm the sun came out and it was quite hot.....one stop for gas....

A few stops to pay the toll booths....







And at 4.30pm I was pulling into the hotel where I always stay when I take this route...

At check in I pay 600 pesos cash...fill a form with just my name..nothing else and I get all this!!!







It is right off the main drag and apart from all of the above there is a gated barrier with a guard and I am able to park right outside my door!!





After I brought my few things in I set off walking laps around the pool area..I needed to walk...this reminded me of walking miles and miles around number three deck when I took the cruise ship from Vancouver to New Zealand a few years ago...


Then a dip in the pool which was great....







I came equipped with a nice ice box and plenty of light food stuffs....so after my shower and relaxed with my book I had some lovely strawberries, yogurt and granola.......


So a good day...my drive tomorrow is slightly less and I hope to have a hassle free border crossing and then into New Mexico for about an hour to an Airbnb in Las Cruces!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...