Saturday, July 13, 2019

Saturday 13th July 2019...this and that!!

Always a balloon in the morning....






There was a huge rain storm last night around midnight and I knew that tennis this morning would be cancelled so instead of being out there I enjoyed watching the very one sided women’s singles final from Wimbledon!!!





In 1995 when my Mum passed away Malc and I talked  and I asked him if I could have her Ruby 40 th anniversary ring and he said of course and from that date I have worn this ring around my neck!!!





Then when my Dad passed away in 2006 I asked the same question to have my Dad’s Masonic ring...this ring is on a swivel and you can have either the emblem or a plain solid gold face!!





And Malc agreed again...so I have worn these two rings for many years.....


The other day in the shower the leather necklace I had them on snapped and the rings fell to the floor and my Dad’s ring broke and the middle part fell out!!!

I tried a few places in town to get it fixed and eventually found a place that could fix it but not with a swivel but with just the Masonic emblem facing out..


So I have the rings back around my neck it did feel strange being without them for a few days!!!


A week tomorrow I start my new adventure..I have to leave the country and also Little Bluey has to leave to get a new tourist visa..so this is the trip in a nut shell!!


I leave the 21 st and quite a long days drive which I have done many times before and I shall spend the first night in a small town called Jimenez..it is a very nice hotel, clean rooms with a nice pool and gardens, a good price and it is  gated and guarded and I can drive the car right up to the door!!





The next day a shorter drive crossing the border at a small town called Santa Teresa, where I have crossed before and then a short drive to Las Cruses where I am booked I to an Airbnb for the night!





Then on Tuesday I drive to Tucson where I am staying the night with my great and long time friend Linda, leaving Little Bluey at her daughter’s home and on Wednesday fly to Vancouver!!





More details as it gets nearer!!!


Hope you have a great weekend!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...