Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday 27th July 2019.....up Island!!!

I found out yesterday at the pickle ball courts they they play seven days a week some people go around 8.30am and others around 5pm......so I was there this morning around 8.45am....

With six courts there really is no waiting and I joined a foursome and played seven games..changing partners each game....it was great fun...a really good work out and I even bumped into two of my former soccer team mates from about 12 years ago..great to see them again!!!


Came home and took Boomer for a walk and we saw this baby in a neighbourhood yard!!!





had some lunch and then relaxed for a while before I set out on my mini road trip!!





I have known Norma and Croft for many years they live up island in Campbell River..we used to meet up occasionally in Mexico in our motor homes and Croft helped me with a few techie problems with Ramona, my former RV....


Sadly Norma passed away four months ago it was very sudden and unexpected and Croft decided to wait to the date of Norma’s birthday to have her celebration of life and it was this afternoon...I was so glad I could attend and visit with a croft for a short while and meet his family for the first time....


His son and DIL and two Grand daughters!!





It was a lovely celebration!!!


I am staying in an Airbnb tonight, a really nice young couple with a lovely small home...everything is great especially soaking in this...





I’d think there may be waterfall stories tomorrow before I head back home!!

Food for thought...





Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Rick said...

So sad to hear about Norma. I enjoyed reading their blog about RV travels in Mexico. Wonderful people and happy to see the photo of Croft with his beautiful family.

Rick - in California

mexicokid said...

Yes she went very quickly and yes a lovely family..les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...