Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday 28th July 2019...waterfalls!!!!

This was a really nice stay the young couple are living their dream as best they can and have made a great little Airbnb out of their second bedroom!!!!!


I did some research and decided it was going to be waterfall day...so I got some food and drinks from the local store and headed out aiming to get to this waterfall!!!





The drive was wonderful....







And here just imagine a mother and baby deer crossing the highway because that is what happened I had to slow to almost a stop!!!








Then I drove through the heart of Strathcona National park, along the Butte River....



I reached the parking lot of Little Myra falls and a short hike to what I think is one of the more spectacular sights on Vancouver Island!!!!


Really could not do it justice with a camera but enjoy...













I was able to find a rugged path almost down to the lake and look up!!!!!










An amazing place ..I stayed for a while just soaking up the beauty!!!


On the way back I stopped here..




Again a short hike down to the deep gorge and suspension bridge!!



My second double rainbow sighting in ten days!!!











A long drive back but all on a super highway and arrived home around 4 pm..





Today Ruth is 92 years young and as a surprise gift Heather and her sister Kathy treated Ruth to a live musical performance of Mamma Mia at a local theatre....they really enjoyed the show I am told!!


Then Kirby made a really nice steak dinner and just a lot of fun and laughter!!







This was a very special weekend!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...