Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday 22nd July 2019...two posts in one day!!

Hard a good sleep and again was on the road by 6am and it was light already!!


This was my first sighting of a logging truck in Mexico!!!





You will know that trucks like this remind me of my old and dear friend Roy!!


It was a lovely morning and the roads were not too busy and the scenery was pleasant!!







An uneventful journey...

Even had rain!!!





 and I chose to cross the border at a small town called Santa Teresa where I had crossed a few months ago coming the other way!!







I will not get into the political debate but just tell you I was in line just over two hours as the US immigration had decided to only open one lane!!!!!!!


No problems when it was my turn and I to the USA...it is getting almost a tradition as soon as I cross I find the closest McDonalds and have one of these!




It was just a 45 minute drive to my lovely Airbnb in Las Cruces...







I have full use of the kitchen and a private bathroom!!


I went for a walk after settling in to the small old town of Mesilla....





A nice square with no one around!!









Came back had a long hot shower and relaxed and read my book.


I leave in the morning for Tucson, about a four hour drive!!!





Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...