Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday 16th July 2019.... a quiet day!!

That bad storm last night was responsible for the tennis being cancelled this morning so I had an easy morning but then decided I needed to go to the gym as I had missed last nights session because of the rain.....


Had a good workout but much prefer when Aaron is there prodding me along.


Came home and took the afternoon off and did some reading before going out for the usual Tuesday night Mexican train.





Too cloudy to see the moon but I hope you got to see it where you are!!



Full Moon names date back to Native Americans of North America. Tribes kept track of the seasons by giving distinctive names to each recurring full Moon. Full Moon names were applied to the entire month in which each occurred. There was some variation in the full Moon names, but in general, the same ones were consistent among regional tribes. European settlers followed that custom and created some of their own names. Here is the Farmers Almanac’s list of the full Moon names

– The Full Buck Moon – July July is normally the month when the new antlers of buck deer push out of their foreheads in coatings of velvety fur. It was also often called the Full Thunder Moon, for the reason that thunderstorms are most frequent during this time. Another name for this month’s Moon was the Full Hay Moon.


Yashi Kochi!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...