Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday 23 rd July 2019......the final leg!!!!

Woke up a tad early I think the time change may have been the cause....anyway I just made myself some tea and crawled back into bed and spent some time on the computer!!!


The strawberries, yogurt and granola that I brought with me made a nice breakfast this morning......and I was on the road by 9.15am....I had about a four hour drive all on Interstate 10 and there was also the gain of an hour in time....


The drive was quite ordinary I usually like to take the back roads but had no choice....





After I crossed the State line the scenery became more rugged...








and this was a stop at a rest area just outside of Tucson ..



Little Bluey having a rest...









It was a relaxed drive I kept a pretty constant speed of 100 km and know I was passed by many but I actually passed no one!!!


In Tucson I saw this sign and had to chuckle to myself..this is a franchise that is all over Mexico and in fact we have at least twenty of the in San Miguel!!!






I arrived at Linda’s lovely apartment around 2 pm and great to see her again....she is such a generous person and had a few goodies waiting for me.....


We chatted for a while then I had to subject myself to this view...







And then had to go in here....




Followed by a dip in here....





A hard life...


Linda and I went out for a home made pizza, which was fantastic and now a quiet night at home talks before I enjoy a soak in the tub!!!


This is an interesting article to me only because I was at this post box a few years ago when I did my tour of Scotland and of course Andy Murray, the tennis player for those who don’t know, is the local hero!!!


Andy Murray's Olympic gold post box repaired after being hit by car





The gold post box commemorating Andy Murray's Olympic medal win has been fixed, after a car knocked it down.

On Monday, a silver Mercedes rolled down the hill into the post box - reports suggested the car just missed teenagers sitting nearby.

The box had been surrounded by traffic cones and tape overnight before work began on Tuesday morning.

The Dunblane post box was painted gold after the Olympic tennis champion's singles win over Roger Federer in 2012.

The tennis star's mother Judy Murray tweeted a picture of the reinstated post box, captioned: "Arise Sir Andy's postbox" with a hearth emoji.





Police Scotland confirmed they attended the "low-speed collision" on the town's High Street.

A spokeswoman confirmed the female driver of the car had suffered a minor injury but did not need medical treatment.

It was unclear whether the woman was in the car at the time





Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...