Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday 30th May 2018.... a different kind of a day!!!

Janet has been in our Pearson family for over 52 years and is a remarkable and lovely woman!!!







Just putting up with Malc deserves a great big medal but she also was so great with my Mum and I shall never forget the way she was with my Dad after we lost Mum back in 1995.....together they have also raised three great children!


I think the best compliment I can give to Janet is that she reminds me of my Mum!!!


Anyway every Wednesday morning for the past I don’t know how many years Janet has been going here








Where she is the leading force behind the feeding of up to 50 street people a hot dinner...


The facilities are top notch and every time I am over I go in place of Malc to give him a break and I am the potato peeler and then masher 










And the the dish kid!!!






Today was a slower day we only served 33 meals but I felt very humbled and blessed.


Afterwards I went walking around the town centre and eventually took the bus home...


Janet cooked another great dinner and then 5is evening Claire, Mark and Tom came over and picked up Malc and myself and we went to the local go cart track...






The thrill of the race

If you have always wanted to experience the thrill of real motor racing or just want to try something different, come to Hull Karting and have the time of your life. Not only are we one of the largest all-weather, fully floodlit, circuits in the country, but we’re the only National Karting Association approved karting centre in Hull and the East Riding.


It is taken very seriously as you can see by the outfits....






We had 30 minutes on the track and we were the only ones out there....it was a lot of fun and those carts go fast and it takes a while to get used to them thanks it was special!!


Yashi Kochi!!!






No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...