Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thursday 31 st May 2018...where did the month go???


This was my destination today!!!



No other city in northern England says 'medieval' quite like York, a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth that has lost little of its pre-industrial lustre. A magnificent circuit of 13th-century walls encloses a medieval spider's web of narrow streets. At its heart lies the immense, awe-inspiring York Minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic cathedrals in the world. York's long history and rich heritage is woven into virtually every brick and beam, and the modern, tourist-oriented city – with its myriad museums, restaurants, cafes and traditional pubs – is a carefully maintained heir to that heritage.


Malc dropped me off at the bust stop and the bus took 90 minutes and shots along the way!!












I just decided to walk around the centre getting lost in the streets and it seems everywhere there was a sight of The Cathedral....enjoy the photos!!!








I tried to get a tour inside the Cathedral but the line was way too long this week the kids are off school..







I did walk the whole way round on the walls...










































Had a bit of a problem getting home as the buses run only once every hour and as I was waiting for the 4 pm bus with two other people the bus shot by without stopping very strange....had to walk around some more and make sure the next one stopped...


Shots on the way home....





Do you think these guys are trying to a getting a bus home too???


I was late getting home and missed dinner and even though Janet is not feeling too great today she had my dinner in the microwave.......🤗👍


A good day out!!


Yashi Kochi!!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...