Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday 11th May. 2018...Day 37!!!

I marvel at what can be done in a small place like the others this apartment is very modern beautiful and well appointed with everything including a washer and this one is mere steps away from the amazing cathedral......


After breakfast we wondered around town there were some sights that we wanted to see including going inside the cathedral.  All I can is that this was a highlight..you were issued with an audio guide and the inside takes your breath away the photos don’t do justice...
























The Jewish section here is steeped in history and we enjoyed walking around and going in the synagogue 🕍












We continued walking and went into the Biblioteca where the view is simply stunning.




..

Had a little snack and then walked down to the river..















Back to town tonight and a very nice dinner I am down to owing Gracie two dinners then all my gambling debts will be paid off.


Tomorrow we head to our final destination Salamanca it is only about an hour away and Graciela has the apartment booked for just over two weeks as she is staying to go to Spanish classes.


Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Just guessing that the first few photos were taken (before your visit to the Jewish quarter) in either a Catholic Cathedral or a Greek Orthodox Church. A lot of beautiful color in the statuettes contrasted against white on an altar and, of course, the ever present gold leaf. It is probably forward of me to say this, but it must cost millions to maintain all this artwork. Does either of the churches pay for the maintenance or does Spain pay for it? Just a rhetorical question! The little church I grew up in was so plain compared to these great buildings, and its mission was simple, pass out Bibles and feed people.

Tell Gracie I love her new name and that I hope she has a wonderful two weeks in Spanish class, and you travel safe wherever you are going.

mexicokid said...

Yes we both thought the synagogue was a little disappointing after seeing the cathedral...bit tcharged admission..I passed on your kind words to Gracie. Have a wonderful weekend Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...