Thursday, May 03, 2018

Thursday 4th May 2018....Day 30!!!

The first set of photos are taken from our walk into the town last night some of the shots of the buildings are so much different with the sun causing shadows....












This morning after breakfast I got packed up with food and drinks and went exploring the gorge....come along and enjoy the sights which are truly quite incredible I make no excuse for many photos of the bridge and the gorge it is one of the many wonders of this world!!!




Did not know there was a waterfall down there..




This was about as close as I could get...


This was a bit hairy a sheer drop off..



Almost at the bottom..










Strange this lovely dog just sitting ther with no owner around!!























These two shots remind me of the days I hiked the Camino...a lot of people hike it for religious and spiritual reasons for me it was more of a physical challenge to myself walking 850 km in 35 days....but walking here today gave me some goose bumps and looking back now I realize the Camino came at a time in my life when I needed to let go of some things and I did!!!



I followed this path for a long while heading away from the gorge..


Great zoom on my camera..


Time for lunch..showing the paths I had just come down!!


Quite a vista!!!














It was a long slog back up to the top of the ravine and I was about 3 km outside of town.....came back into Centro and it really was hopping way too many tourists for me so I walked down the other side of the gorge...





Amazing water colours..


A different viewpoint....


The busy central square..

Gracie and the laundry and before you jump to conclusions I had washed those clothes this morning!!!













It was a wonderful time for me I reckon I  walked about 16 km in sunshine and mostly peaceful  surroundings 🤗🤗

Got back to the apartment and Gracie was home from her shopping expedition....we relaxed for a couple of hours and then walked back into town.

Tomorrow we take a train and a short bus ride to what I am told is the magical cit of Grenada we have an Airbnb booked for 4 days....Gracie is particularly happy to be going back as she stayed in Granada exactly this time of the year 5 years ago!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning pictures. What a great trip you are on. Cheers.

mexicokid said...

That is a fact for sure thanks les

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, that had to be a great hike with an unbelievable cardio work out. Thank you for the photo of the horses. My goodness, you carry backpacks AND you do laundry!! Beach is in real trouble!!

mexicokid said...

Yes a I am the real deal and it was a wonderful hike I so enjoy days like that and yes the 🐴 you were asking about cheers les

Gail and Larry said...

Love the photos! MY what a gigante bite in the sandwich. LOL

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...