Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday 18th May 2018...Day 43!!!

I know I sound like a broken record but remember this is 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 anyway another fabulous warm sunny day as I said my thank you’s for taking such good care of me to Anne as she dropped me off at the train station about a ten minute drive away and I caught a train to Kings Cross the big metropolis for trains...





I had about thirty minutes so walked outside and took these photos...














Back at the station the train 




left on time and it was a high speed train to the station at Doncaster.

This is the town where I was born and it is also on this platform







 in July of 1970 where I said goodbye as I boarded a train that would start me on my life as a gypsy going first to Bermuda 🇧🇲 .

The next stage of the journey was smooth 



This is a very famous bridge..the Humber bridge more on this another day









and I arrived in Cottingham where my brother lives just after 6 pm...

Malc was there waiting for me and it was good to see him..the last time was after his and Janet’s 50 th wedding anniversary a year last October..

They live really close by and great to see and hug Janet, more about this lovely lady another day....

My bedroom is fabulous 


And my view







and like I knew it would be there was dinner waiting for me....great to be home for eight weeks even though there is some travelling in between starting off on Tuesday when the three of us head for Malta and me for the first time.

This is to help you with some of the Yorkshire words...






I have heard from Gracie and she is just finishing up her first week at her Spanish school she said it has been quite hard but she is enjoying herself and Salamanca is a lovely town it was the favourite of our trip!!

Another tradition started by Mum years ago was that when I ever I returned hope there was always a freshly batch of “Wingies” waiting for me and Janet continues that tradition...





Wonderful with a cuppa!!!!!

The journey today






I wish all my readers a great weekend!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...