Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Tuesday 8th March 2022….a long day!!

 First of all a shout out to all women celebrating International Women’s day and also in Canada and Mexico Red dress day to commemorate all the Indigenous women who have gone missing or been murdered!






Today was a very long day for me as I did a double shift starting at 9.30am and this was my view of the court and the mountains…..





This photo is of the current Bad Boy of tennis an Aussie named Kriygos…..he is an amazing talent on the court and a huge crowd draw but he has some issues which I do not agree with but he looked to be in a good mood this morning on the practice court!!





I saw the lady again today from Nanaimo……it was a good shift hot  and fun!!


I then stayed in the complex rested in the lounge and then went and had a delicious Turkey burger with sweet potato fries…very good indeed…


My second shift started at 6 pm and this was a special evening to commemorate Women’s day and it was called  ten tie break where the top eight women players each play a tie break it was a lot of fun and the crowd, players all had a fun time!!


 Can I tell you a story sort of praising  myself??


Of course I can it is my blog page!!!


I Pride myself on being really good with people and children especially and this Ushering job is right down my alley I have fun with the patrons and am not pushy……


Basically the job of an usher is to make sure that the public do not go to the seats whilst play is in progress…there is a set time every two games when they are allowed to go or get up from their seats and our job is to make sure this works…


As tonight was a fun night the rules were not as rigid and I was allowing a few people to go to their seats in between points when it would not be interference……


I did this a couple of times the last time to let a Mum and her young daughter go to their seats mid point……it all worked smoothly with out any problem.


The next thing I know I get a tap on the shoulder and I turn around and there is this officially looking lady with a name  tag on and she says to me…that was a very kind thing you just did and I want you have this and she hands me a little envelope with the word thank you on it……I thank her and said it was my pleasure and she walks away.


When I got home I looked at the card and inside was a ten dollar gift card for Amazon, how nice for me!!





A long day but a day I just love being surrounded by all things tennis!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!





Yashi Kochi!!



No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...