Sunday, March 06, 2022

Sunday 6 th March 2022…yes tennis…..

 And so it begins……two weeks of tennis followed by tennis and yes more tennis!!


I was at the most spectacular event venue this morning at 8 am for my orientation, picking up my uniform and meeting the volunteer coordinator.


They took a group of us to the number 1 stadium, it is an amazing sight to be there so early, so quiet all the seats empty and there on the court who is hitting balls but the main man himself, Mr.Tennis, Rafa Nadal!!!!







I was awestruck like a little schoolboy!!


This is going to be a fabulous two weeks I work eight shifts as an usher and I think I look pretty snappy in my uniform???






They also supply us with a parking pass, a free grounds pass which we can give to friends and also 25 dollars a day for food and of course all the tennis we can watch!!


My first shift is at 9.30 am mañana…


This afternoon I went to meet my long time friends Stella, her two daughters Caron and her husband John, and Pauline, who is Ashley’s Mum…..we went and played pickle ball 


Left to right, Pauline, Caron and Stella!!

and had lots of fun and then the girls bbq a great steak dinner and we finished off the evening playing dominoes……


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...