Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Wednesday 4th August 2021...a special lady!!

On this day in 1918 the most amazing woman I have met was born......my Mum






Not sure why she dressed me this way??





Mum passed away Valentines Day many years ago but she is still missed and loved!!


Here are three generations of the Pearson clan.....





My brother Malc with his son Mark and they are with Mark’s son Tom who turned 17 yesterday.....I see they were on a golf course somewhere...see that sporting thing is in our genes!!


The lady came to clean the house this morning so I took off for the day to visit this town below...







Have you ever heard of the “Mexican Switzerland”? It's nothing less than the Pueblo Mágico (Magical Town) of Mazamitla, Jalisco, nestled between the cold forests and majestic waterfalls of the Sierra del Tigre.


What makes Mazamitla stand out are its cozy cabins distributed along the forest hills. Some are chalet-style, a favorite among couples looking for a romantic weekend getaway. However, there are also traditional cabins, with a maximum occupancy of 20 guests. Most of the hotels and cabins in Mazamitla are located a few kilometers from the downtown area, although there are also cheap inns located in the town square.


A walk through downtown Mazamitla means discovering small cobblestone streets surrounded by whitewashed adobe houses, tiled gable roofs, and balconies filled with flowers. They surround the San Cristóbal Parish, which boasts an eclectic style and Chinese influence. There are also portales (stone arches), where you can sit down for a taste of the typical Mazamitlan dish, el barco, which is a broth prepared with beef, chicken, and pork that you can accompany with fruit preserves for dessert.


A block and a half away from the church is a local cuisine and crafts market. Take advantage of the opportunity to buy burnt milk sweets, textiles, and souvenirs woven out of dried pine branches. There is an archaeological museum within this market that exhibits pottery and carved stone made by the first settlers of this mountain region.


If you’re wondering what else to do in Mazamitla, in addition to walking around downtown, this Pueblo Mágico is characterized by its natural wonders, open to the public, such as the El Salto Waterfall or El Jardín Encantado (The Enchanted Garden). You can get there by mountain bike, on horseback, or through an excursion offered by a hotel, some of which include cheese-making and fruit preserve classes.


I parked at the trail head and the road to the falls go through a very exclusive and secluded gated community with some nice homes...














You could rent a horse if you did not want to walk the two km to the trail head...





The  falls were impressive and I enjoyed the hike.....











I then went to centro to check out the town again, I was last here about 12 years ago in Ramona, my RV.....





It started to rain so hard I had to go into a store and buy an umbrella....

Sorry the photos of the church and streets are not my best effort😩













Driving home for the first thirty minutes





Then the sunshine came out..


Bella was waiting for me and I took her out for a stroll...


Tonight again more Olympics...


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Koch!!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Your mom was a beauty. Now we know where you got your good looks :-)

mexicokid said...

She was lovely in every way..me???? Not too sure..cheers

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...