Saturday, August 21, 2021

Saturday 21 st August 2021....the rains never came!!

We were supposed to get heavy rains today remnants of Tropical Storm Grace but all we got was dark skies and a little bit of rain.

A bit more on the story of yesterday’s delivery to the campo.......the young man on the left in the Polo Sport T shirt is Nicholas, he is 17 years of age and last week he organized a virtual chess tournament and raised 900 US dollars which he wants to spend on buying educational games and schools supplies for the children.....

Karen and Kent a local couple are the ones who have purchased all those shoes for the children plus another 40 Pairs we delivered last week.....most of these children have never had new shoes they were so happy....

Love this one!!!





They are so thankful when they get their box of food.....



We always seem to have donations of used clothing to give away...


Just a rewarding day!!

Found a small restaurant when I was walking Frida this afternoon and I saw they were advertising turkey dinners.....I went in and the store is owned by a Canadian lady and she cooks all the meals herself..I bought two of these..

I added a few carrots and mushrooms and more gravy and it was simply delicious!!!

Time for a soccer match followed by a tennis match.....

Have  a lovely weekend stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!


















No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...