Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tuesday 17th August 2021....out and about a little!!

this morning it was time to take Blaze to the

beauty parlour which is about 200 yards from my house..it is a small operation run by a grand father and three of his grandsons, maybe 13 or 14 years old......I drop the car off walk home and go back about an hour later and this is the end result....








Inside is vacuumed and sprayed just amazing all for 100 pesos and a very generous tip!!


I wrote a couple of weeks ago about an organization on the outskirts of town called Feed the Hungry that when school is in delivers food to the schools kitchens and feeds over 4000 children.....with schools still closed they deliver to some of the campos.......I contacted them and asked if they would be able to donate some food parcels to us for our work in the village and other areas.


They happily agreed and I picked up 15 bags of staple foods and detergent and bleach...











This helps with our expenses of feeding the families we support!!


I love this and thank all my friends!!





Some photos of the outside of my casita..


















Particularly proud of this pot as I planted Marigold seeds in it about three weeks ago.....




I did walk Frida for about twenty minutes and my knee is not sore and getting easier each day but still doing the physio for two more weeks.



Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

You do good work Les. Hopefully when we get to live in our house we can also help out on a regular basis. I'm working on a plan already. Cheers!

mexicokid said...

Would love to get you and Juan involved in their education..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...