Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday 19th August 2021....this and that!!

This morning I took the car and picked up three donations of used clothing and also the very generous couple that bought 40 pairs of shoes for the kids at the village where we take the food hampers contacted me and they had bought another 30 pairs of shoes, such generosity .....

I spent most of the afternoon at home doing stuff and then I went and picked up Frida.....because of my knee I drove the scooter there, first time on the scooter for a while and it felt good and have no problems with the knee.

On the walk with Frida I stopped in at a tour company that rents quad motor cycles....the office is run my a man called Israel and he is my English student’s Father, Vanessa had told me where he works.........I introduced myself to him and told him who I was and he was very happy to meet me and I also told him how wonderful a student and young woman his daughter was.......his smile was almost ear to ear!!

Frida and I then stopped I. To say hello to Paula at the restaurant where she works and it was nice to see her and she seems to be doing well and enjoying her job.

Took Frida back home and went to where I had parked the scooter and it was outside a house where a family of about four women and some small kids were outside buying ice cream from a vendor on a three wheeled bike........it had been a  sunny afternoon  and my seat was very hot when I sat on it and I must have made a noise and all the women laughed at me and I just smiled and said in Spanish...very hot!!!...they just smiled and it is this priceless interactions which always reminds me of why I live here!

I like these..


A Bermuda sunset..

Good rules..


this is true for me I am always talking to Frida!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!








4 comments:

Croft said...

You might be getting some of the rain from Hurricane Grace. I looks like you are just on the edge of it.

mexicokid said...

Yes they Saturday will be big rains!! Cheers les

Rick said...

Tennis - down the middle solves the riddle (in doubles)

mexicokid said...

Yes we call it a divorce shot!!! Cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...