Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tuesday 24 th August 2021...a little story!!

I have know Lilly for over four years and she is a
lovely loyal and special lady.
I still feel uncomfortable but Lilly comes to my casita every Monday morning to clean and as I have always done I make sure it is almost spotless when she arrives.
I never see Lilly as I leave her some pesos, a drink and a snack and she has her own key...all I know is when I step in the casita on a Monday afternoon it sparkles and smells great.
Two weeks ago when I hurt my knee and could not leave the house I sat in my recliner whilst Lilly went about her work but she kept checking on me and asking me if I wanted a drink, food, she was very kind and considerate.
You know my place is small but I love it and in the bathroom I have a Mexican toothbrush holder and a Mexican soap dispener and I have them on the counter on the right of the taps with my water jug in between ....I will be the first to admit that I do not have an artistic bone in my body but that is the way I have arranged them.




Lilly when she cleans even arranges my food in the fridge she is that thorough ............
It is a standing joke just between me and myself but the first place I go when I come home is into the bathroom and I 😊 smile.....
Why you might ask???
It is because every week Lilly moves my soap dish to the other side of the sink.....



So when I come home and move it back to the way I had it......I wonder when Lilly comes here the first thing she does is go into the bathroom and move the soap dish........I love Mexico!!!🇲🇽
Stay safe and healthy!!



Yashi Kochi

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

When we had someone to clean, I was the same way. Now I do it myself, I have for years. I enjoy it and it brings me pleasure when I'm done. However, if I could find someone to come one day a week I would consider it to do things I no longer want to do.

mexicokid said...

I know exactly what you mean...Lilly is available for your new house...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...