Thursday, June 06, 2019

Thursday 6 th June 2019....Day 7!!!

Up early again this morning and still the camera won’t open..I have had some advice on what to do and I will try that but if it does not work I have until Saturday to decide to buy a new camera and my initial thoughts are for me to buy one of those robust waterproof type ones?. A shame because this camera is really a great one!!!


On the road by 8.30 am and this was the route Houston ...





As you can see a six hour drive all on Interstates......well it proved to be a truly horrid experience that took almost three hours longer!!!


First off was a back up for miles where I inched along until it finally cleared..I have no idea what the hold up was...


Then came the hardest rain I have ever seen which lasted about thirty minutes....even with the wipers on top speed it was hard to see..everyone was driving with hazard lights on and going about 15 m.p.h...I thought about pulling over on the shoulder but deemed that would be more dangerous and of course it happened where there were no exits of the highway....

Do not worry these were shots taken from the Internet..




After it stopped I saw many homes and fields that were flooded!!


The next crawl was to go over a two landed bridge that was reduced to a one lane bridge by an accident...





When I finally approached Houston I got stuck in rush hour traffic....so a driving day to forget....


But let us not form these women and men!!!!







I arrived at my Airbnb for two nights it is a full apartment and the key was in a drop box never saw the owner...

It is great and has ever I need included a tub and a pool and one mile from my favourite store..Trader Joe’s!!!









I got settled in went to TJ’s..got some food and settled down to watch a live hockey game!!!





Now all cleaned up and after this ready for bed!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...