Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thursday 20th June 2019....a ball day!!!

I think I got lucky with the weather as last night it was quite stormy but not too much rain and tennis was on this morning!!

Another great two hours and what a perfect way to start a day......




Back at home I took the dogs for a walk around the neighbourhood and then I met my friend Carolyn at my new casita she had a few things for me including three really nice rectangular pots for the roof top...the more I look at the place the more I like it..so tastefully decorated and I imagine the sunsets on the roof top terrace will be awesome!!!

When I got home there was a live women’s World Cup soccer game on from France and I enjoyed watching..I remember from my referring days that the women’s game was very competitive..the language much worse than the men but there wasn’t that nastiness sometimes involved in the men’s game and for sure there wasn’t all that diving around and feigning injury!!!


On the subject of sport I have seen this man below play live twice and his talent is super amazing and his attitude is super stupid!!!!


Yet again he is involved in another controversy..he really needs someone like a Federer to take him aside and teach him how to be.....I know myself and millions of others would give almost anything to have half his talent!!


Nick Kyrgios accuses line judge of 'rigging game' at Queen's



Nick Kyrgios spoke to the umpire after he disagreed with a call from a line judge

Australian Nick Kyrgios accused a line judge of "rigging the game" and swore at the umpire in his first-round win at Queen's.




Kyrgios, 24, also berated himself for "playing Fifa until 3am" before beating Spain's Roberto Carballes Baena.

The world number 39 ranted at umpire Fergus Murphy after losing a set point which he claimed should have been called as a double fault.

"It couldn't have been further out. What are you doing?" he said.

Kyrgios was given a code violation for unsportsmanlike behaviour after his first tirade, although that did not stop him continuing to question the integrity of the officials and threatening to walk off court.

"The ball was this far out on the second serve. I'm going," he added.

"I'm not going to give 100% when I've got linesmen rigging the game; I don't want to play."

His other antics included peering over a fence at a changeover to watch Gilles Simon's match against Kevin Anderson on the adjacent court, trying to fist-bump with a line judge and mocking the umpire's choice of headwear.




"It's a joke, man. It's a serious joke," he said to Murphy. "Like your hat looks ridiculous, also. It's not even sunny."

Despite his angry outbursts, Kyrgios went on to win 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 to set up a second-round match against Canadian teenager Felix Auger-Aliassime, which will take place later on Thursday following a rain-disrupted week in west London.

Kyrgios began watching a game on another court during a change of ends.



The good news for me on this is that Kyrgios was beaten in the second game by the Canadian teenager!!!!


Just my six cents worth!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...