Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thursday 13 th June 2019.....Like it???

I have been keeping a little secret from you for a couple of weeks now.......I am moving to a different casita!!


I have been very happy at Jen’s place for nearly two years now and was not looking to move but I always look at the Civil List, a website here that is like an informative forum and I saw an apartment for rent..I liked the looks of it and asked for photos and liked it even more.


As I was in New Jersey I arranged with my good friend Carolyn to contact the apartment owner and to go look at it.


Carolyn has seen all my apartments here in SMA and she is an interior decorator and has herself a gorgeous home...


So after Carolyn went to look she sent me an email saying...YOU HAVE TO TAKE THIS!!!!


I was comfortable with her advice and I did in fact make an offer which was accepted.


It was very hard for me to inform Jen that I would be moving but she was very understanding!!


So I went to look at the apartment myself on Monday and wondered what would’ve happened if I did not like it???


The apartment is actually a penthouse loft of a three apartment building...the Owner is a Mexican man and his daughter Michelle lives in the ground floor apartment and manages the building.


On the first floor is an older Mexican man and the total top floor is mine....the monthly rent is 11000 pesos which includes everything and I mean everything I don’t pay anything else..included in that rent is Cable TV and Internet...all utilities....it even comes with a washer and dryer.


The Colonia is in a middle class Mexican neighbourhood and really  close to all my activities...the building is two year old and was built for Airbnb rentals but the owners decided that was too much work!!


So I get to move my stuff in on the 26th of this month and will move there when Gracie comes home on the 28th.


Michelle is very nice and this is a really good move for me.


There is no place to keep my scooter and I think outside on the street would be OK but yesterday I drove out to the neighbourhood to look around and see if I could find something suitable.


The first place I tried was right across the street and I mean right across....the lady was outside and her home which has a nice front patio and garden and a huge locked metal gate....she had a car but that was parked on the street.


I went to her and introduced myself, she spoke perfect English, and I asked what the possibilities would be of me keeping my scooter at the side of her front yard...she immediately told me yes of course you can!!!!

I asked her if she thought 500 pesos would be reasonable rent and she just smiled and said it will not cost you anything!!  What else is there to say????


So there you have it I will be in a new neighbourhood at the end of the month!!


Want to see some photos????

The beautiful outside street look..

My penthouse is the total top floor with all those windows and the whole roof top terrace..


This is what you see when you come up the stairs..




The area is one huge room but check out all the windows which have great blinds to keep out the light at night..





Love the colour of the kitchen....





Smart TV..





This is also a sofa bed..



That door leads to this..

Which in turn leads to this..

Yes a full 360 view of the town and the mountains..


















This door leads to a small patio perfect for morning tea..





It also has a washer and dryer for my exclusive use..



Love the view down the street!!





All the little alcoves have so much light..



A nice large bathroom with a spacious shower with a rain forest shower head..

















What do you think???


Have a great evening!!


Yashi Kochi!!

6 comments:

sylvia said...

Wow! I think you scored a great deal! Happy moving!

mexicokid said...

For sure I did. Thanks les

Dee Tillotson said...

Looks lovely. Do you think you will miss your personal garage for Little Bluey, because she is your most valuable asset and would be expensive to replace? On the plus side, the penthouse is spacious and airy.

mexicokid said...

No nothing changes little Blue has been parked at Gracies condo for over a year...so all is good and I am going to love this new place...thanks les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A beautiful place in a nice area of town. I'm sure you'll be a happy camper there!

mexicokid said...

Thanks I should be very happy cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...