Friday, June 07, 2019

Friday 7th June 2019...Day 8!!!

I woke very early and knew it was going to be an iffy day I just did feel great, energetic or particularly joyous but I was determined to try to make the best of the day.


The big tennis match between Roger and Rafa was scheduled for 7 am this morning and I was hoping I could watch it on the tv in the apartment like I did the hockey game last night but to no avail..I could not find it....so plan B....


When I was in Houston last year Carolyn my tennis partner from SMA was here with her partner who was having some medical treatments and she took me to her tennis club and boy what a fancy club it was..imagine every available amenity in plush surroundings and this was it..they also have a huge 120 inch Tv screen in a bar area with leather armchairs....


So I thought why not.....so I drove the three miles to the club and went to the front desk and gave my woeful tale to the lovely lady on the front desk and asked if she would sell me a day pass to go and watch the game..she said sure and asked me to sign the guest book and told me to enjoy the game...no charge!!!


I had the room all to myself and although the game did not live up to all the hype I still enjoyed the moment it may be the last time these two meet in a semi finals of a slam!!!





Rafa dominated from the opening point!!





Some of the courts at the indoor facility!!





Came home and had a long nice breakfast and then went out and did some shopping....


This evening just quietly getting ready for my trip tomorrow where I am staying in an Rv Airbnb in Harlingen which is close to the Mexican border and I shall cross Sunday morning!!


Hope you had a safe and happy day!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Are you heading back to SMA for the summer?

mexicokid said...

Yes arrive Sunday and there for the summer and winter...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...