Saturday, June 01, 2019

Saturday 1st June 2019.....Day 2!!!

RABBITS RABBITS RABBITS!!!!

Sent to me by Emily...yesterday morning before I left...she is adorable...




I woke up very early this morning but that was OK as it fitted in with my plans being on the road before 6 am...


I drove this route..





All on Interstate roads to my destination Stone Mountain State Park North Carolina...


The loop trail was almost five miles...come along and enjoy the climb and the awesome views!!!

The top of the waterfall.

From the bottom..

And in between..

Then hiked to the base of the mountain..






Then the big slog to the top...



Wonderful views and a fairleasy decent....













It was a really good workout!!!


I then drove twenty minutes to a small town called Elkin where I had researched and there was a sports pub and by 3 pm I was. In the pub in a room to myself watching the Champions league soccer final live from Spain!!


These two English teams  had thrilling matches to get to the final but as sometimes happen the final game was a big disappointment and not the blockbuster everyone was expecting!!


Interesting this team Liverpool hoisted the trophy...their home stadium is the one Malc and I toured last year!!!





Another few minutes drive to my Airbnb...a lovely place the owner is not here but she left me all instructions and the key outside.....

I just had a long soak in the tub and now settling down for some computer work and a movie..there may even be tea and some cookies!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...