Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday 16th November 2020.... mini scooter trip!!

Today is a public holiday to celebrate Revolution Day, which is actually on Friday.....there are usually lots of parade but not this year..

Off on a Pearson adventure today on the scooter..


heading for the red dot...





Looking for this....


As we enter the dry season, the water in the reservoir (la presa) subsides, leaving thick mud and puddles where the man-made lake used to be. A chapel, once hidden, emerges from the depths, reminding us of the community that once occupied this land. Intentionally flooded to build the presa, the community of San Augustine was evacuated in 1967.


I have heard about this for a long time and with the big drought I knew the church would be accessible.....


Some views along the way..





I like these flowers







just lovely....











Always have little healthy bars for the kids..





This is the dam that was built to flood the area...














It was quite thrilling to see this amazing area...





















had lunch with my new buddies...














It was a great day out and this afternoon late on I did my laps and workout at the park around the corner from me...


Time for a salad and a good long shower and then I have started watching Queens Gambit on Netflix..


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...