Friday, November 20, 2020

Friday 20 th November 2020....Friday already!!!

Little SCOUTIE  had to go for a minor surgery yesterday so she stayed home with Gracie





 while I took the other two kids out for a long walk this afternoon.


Most of the area of the Pressa where we walked is usually underwater but not this year....











They loved running around off leash....





Hard to see but there is a beautiful horse in this picture...






These cows are wearing cow bells!!

















It was a good adventure......


With Covid seemingly getting worse just about everywhere I have had to make some decisions regarding the Three King Toy drive......donations are coming in and thank you to everyone who has donated....


There is still lots of time to donate and this is the link to the Go fund me account..


https://www.gofundme.com/f/three-kings-toy-drive?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1


In years past we have gone to several communities and had the children line up and come and collect their gift and a hug from a King and it always has been a special moment when they are handed their gift.....these children really get nothing.


I had thought that maybe this year we could have the Kings on the back of a truck and have the children lined up on the side of the road and as we drive slowly by drop a gift into each kids hands but I realize this will not work..too many children in one area not safe for them or my volunteers.....


So what we have decided is to go to two communities..one a large one with nearly five hundred children and one a smaller community with about fifty children.


Each community has a delegate in charge, I guess like a Mayor and I will contact this person and arrange for us to deliver the gifts to the school and leave the gifts there for the delegate and the residents to get the gift to each child, we shall not be involved in that aspect this year.


I will go out to the community on  Monday and set things in motion....it will be different this year for sure but bottom line is that the children will still receive a small gift........


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...